8/12/2008

Love the Dollar Store!

I took the boys to the dollar store last week to get some batteries and left with 2 more things. I've actually been looking for a "bug kit" for several months, but haven't found anything that I thought was worth the asking price. But, for a dollar, I couldn't pass these up! Yesterday the boys wanted to go hunt for bugs, so out came the not so "natural habitat" and they began picking handfulls of grass, added a token piece of wood from the mulch, and began digging around for rolly-polly bugs. (**Note**We were at the zoo with friends last week and we were visiting the orangutans and Drew (3yrs) told us that their cage was like their natural habitat. I was a bit surprised that he used that word and even more impressed that he used it correctly! I asked him how he learned about that word. "It was just from Zula Patrol, mom. It's a cartoon about science," he explained. My mom friend and I had a good laugh about that one. Kudos PBS!)


No comments: