9/17/2008

New Ventures...

It's been six years since I've worked outside of the home, but starting Monday I'll be working part time at a local YMCA. I'm excited to be working with school age kids again. No lesson plans, just hanging out - helping with homework - and creatively channeling their energy!! This job will allow me to bring Trent and Drew with me. I'm very grateful for this, as I'm well aware of the preciousness of the time I have to spend with them. I'm also ready to take full advantage of a family membership to work out regularly!! Let the fun begin...

I also got a call from the doctor about some blood work that came back abnormal. I was actually really surprised by this, it kind of hit me from out of the blue. Evidently my thyroid is not really functioning anymore. Not sure as to the reason, but i guess its not that uncommon in women. It can be hereditary, though, I don't know of any one in my family who has similar problems. I tell ya, I hit thirty and I'm fallin' apart! The doctor says once function is lost, it doesn't just come back, so I've begun a life long regimen of a thyroid hormone. Thankfully it's affordable, and nothing more serious. Now we just wait for a few weeks for it to "kick in." Hopefully I'll notice a big difference in my energy level. I've been quite tired lately.

No comments: