1/16/2009

Feelin' crafty

I've made a couple nursing covers for friends, and they are so neat. I first saw them here. My friends have said they are very handy. I googled some instructions and they were fairly easy to follow. I just finished another one. I know some of my far away friends are expecting and I wanted to pass on the instructions I found from another blog in case you might feel inspired, but when I went to place the link it must have been deleted from the archives...AHHH! I'll work on it! For now here's what mine looks like.


I also tried my hand at felting. I picked up an old wool sweater from Goodwill and felted it. (I did find out that it needs to be at least 80% wool to felt. Wash it on hot with a couple of tablespoons of dish soap - not laundry detergent!) I found the basic idea here, and sewed on a few pockets, a couple free hand flowers, and a cute button. Here's how it turned out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Kristin,
I love your projects - they are both so cute! I have made nursing covers myself with a slight difference. Instead of the D-rings for the strap, I sewed on a strip of Velcro. I find it easier to use that way.
Thanks for the felting idea - I am definitely going to try it.
Leah