2/06/2009

CHAI




Well I just finished my second batch of Chai mix since November. I got this recipe from a friend in MI, thanks Jen H! I love sipping it at night (well anytime really) snuggled under a blanket watching tv. This is hands down the best I've tasted, no coffee shop can beat it. A few of you have asked for the recipe, so while it's still out on my counter, I thought I'd better post it.



Chai Mix

1 c. nonfat dry milk powder
1 c. powdered non-dairy creamer
1 c. Vanilla flavored powdered creamer
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. unsweetened instant tea
2 t. ground ginger
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground cloves
1 t. ground cardamom
1 t. ground nutmeg




In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. In a coffee grinder, blender, or food processor, blend small amounts at a time until mixture is the consistency of powder.

To serve: Stir 2 heaping Tablespoons into a mug of hot water.
Makes about 36 servings.



No comments: