2/06/2009

Strawberry lovin'

Drew is my strawberry jam lover. Actually we all are when it's homemade. I grew up with homemade freezer jam. My mom would make batches and batches with fresh strawberries we'd all help pick. The last few years I've just been buying frozen strawberries and making it one batch at a time throughout the year. Drew eats a tablespoon in his oatmeal almost every morning. It's also great in plain yogurt and of course in a PB&J sandwich. It tastes sooo much better than what you get in the store (very fresh), it's cheaper, and very easy to make!! It takes 4 cups of crushed berries and I end up with 3 mason jars and a yogurt container full. Here is my stash, now in the freezer, that I made Thursday morning.


We follow the recipe from the Sure-jell box. We get the the pink one because it uses less sugar.

2 comments:

The Caldwells said...

i'm going to need this recipe too :)

Tara said...

How do you make it, Kristin?

Tara