8/24/2009

The Results...

...all came back perfectly normal.

We decided to have some genetic testing done after Joanna was born. We specifically wanted to check her chromosomes. At the beginning of my pregnancy, the doctor said he was pretty confident that Joanna's heart defect was an isolated thing. Later in my pregnancy he tossed out the possibility Joanna had trisomy. I thought this was a bit odd, considering there were no other signs of any abnormalities. I was never convinced that this was the underlying issue.

When I talked to the nurse last Friday, she said all the tests came back perfectly normal. It was simply Joanna's heart that had not formed correctly. A bittersweet answer. As a mom, I felt relief that I could not blame myself or feel guilty for "contributing" to her abnormalities...it wasn't something I passed on to her. Yet, I wonder why God allowed this to happen...THIS WAY. Though I realize I will not get any answers this lifetime, I trust that God will turn even our most tragic circumstances into something good. He was and still is in control, He formed each part of her. His love for her runs even deeper than mine.

This video is the way we introduced our baby girl to everyone attending her memorial service.
Enjoy meeting her and celebrating her life with us, too.

7 comments:

Ruth Palmer said...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting the video. I was dying to see it! It came out just beautiful, and I know you will always cherish it!

Still thinking of you often & so anxious to see you in October!

Love you!

Annette Gysen said...

Kristin--Thanks for sharing. How beautiful! It's wonderful to see your families there--so supportive of you. We continue to pray for all of you.

Bobbi said...

Wow...the video was just beautiful. I kept thinking...that no one could watch you (or read your writing) ...and not wonder about your Awesome God...You are an inspiration...I'm sorry if that sounds weird...but I hope you take it for how I mean it. How great to show in your life's greatest sorrows such a powerful God...Still praying for you all!

Tara said...

What a beautiful video, Kristin. You are in my prayers. I am praying that God will bless you richly for your obedience to Him through this.

MCMFamily said...

Thank you for sharing Joanna Claire with us. She is beautiful and God has and will use her to draw others to Himself. I am praying for you Kristen. You are such an amazing woman of strength and faith. You inspire me. I pray God will bless you with blessings overflowing..
Mary in WA

Angie Long said...

Kristin, I'm speechless. Thank you for everything you have done for all of us! The video is priceless, and your beautiful boys. Give them a big hug for my heart truely goes out to you and your family!! Joanna Clarie is beautiful!!!!!! You are an amazing woman and mother!!

Ang

Jennifer Stone said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful video. Thank you for choosing to glorify God throughout this incredibly painful time. What a joy it will be to meet Joanna in Heaven one day!