1/28/2010

Would You Dare to Believe...

I Still Have a REASON to Sing.  It's been six months today.  Can't believe how the REALITY of my life has changed from what I thought WOULD be.  So I'm sittin'...thinkin'...cryin' today as I remember my little girl...BUT I can say I DO HAVE A REASON TO SING!  So, I choose to continue...even when the tears come...



I've head this song a few times now and I really like it!  I've said this before, but music has helped me so much as I process this thing called grief!  I'm so thankful for the HOPE I have.  When I went to youtube I found a link to the story behind this song...why it was written.  If you have time, check out this 10 min. video.  I love what the mom, Paula, says to her husband..."If we can trust God with our eternity, we've got to trust him with our NOW."  What a good reminder.  God knows right where I am NOW (not so much physically, but emotionally and mentally) and He's HERE carrying me through the hurt.

Do you wonder why you have to
Feel the things that hurt you
If there’s a God who loves you where is He now
Maybe there are things you can’t see
And all those things are happening
To bring a better ending
Someday somehow you’ll see you’ll see

Would you dare would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It can’t compare to the joy that’s coming


So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It’s just the dark before the morning
 My friend you know how this all ends
You know where you’re going
You just don’t know how you’ll get there
So say a prayer


And hold on cause there’s good for those who love God
But life is not a snapshot
It might take a little time but you’ll see the bigger picture


Once you feel the weight of glory
All your pain will fade to memory


Would you dare would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It can’t compare to the joy that’s coming


Come on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the hurt before the healing
Oh the pain that you’ve been feeling
It’s just the dark before the morning

Thanks for letting me share...

And before you think this blog is only about sad stuff...I've recovered my pictures from the hard drive crash and I'll try to post more regularly :)

Here's a sneak peak of what's BIG in Trent's life these days.

19 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing this song. Can't believe it has already been 6months. Have been thinking of you and will be praying for you. I love you. Mom

Unknown said...

Hi Blessing Angel from Heaven!

My name is Candice and I live in Tx near the Dallas area. I stumbled upon your site as I was looking for the lyrics to the song "Dawn Before The Morning" for my big brother that is going through some hard times! I want to tell you that you and your family are in my prayers. May the Lord's grace always shower of you!

God Bless you, your family and ALL of your little Angels from Heaven : )

Love always!
Candice

Unknown said...

Oh . . . and thank you for posting the lyrics . . . this song is such a "release" and provides "hope" in times of need!

Many Blessings!
Candice

Unknown said...

I just heard that song the 1st time last night, & was looking it up on Google today & now I found it! Thanks for helping me out! It's a really great song & I love it! :D

Anonymous said...

you are an inspiration to me. i thought i was going through some real hard times, but wow! really opened my eyes that someone's always got it worse. keep on goin. you are doing wonderful and obviously God is using you and going to use you more and more. :) may God show you His love. :)

Kathy said...

I also found your sight looking for the lyrics of the song, Before the Morning. Thanks for posting the song. I want to send it to my sister who is having some hard times.
God Bless your family!

Unknown said...

Kristin, I was looking for words to the song when your blog was the first one site on google. We have something in common. My little boy, Hudson went to be with the Lord in heaven on January 9, 2010 when I was 26 weeks pregnant. I would love to chat with you more, I am also a believer and would love to connect with you. Please e-mail me at locajen@hotmail.com, thank you!
Jennifer Jones

Faithful said...

Hello Kristin :-) I was searching for this song "Before the Morning". Was so glad to have found it here, didnt know the title. Indeed s ever effort to send us His encouragement in our time of need. Thank you for sharing your experience and for putting this site together.
Stay faithful
Isa 43:1-3, Ps 30:5

Faithful said...

Faithful said...
Hello Kristin :-) I was searching for this song "Before the Morning". Was so glad to have found it here, didnt know the title.
Indeed our Lord does make every effort to send us His timely encouragements in our time of need.
Thank you for sharing your experience and for putting this site together.
Stay faithful
Isa 43:1-3, Ps 30:5

Lea said...

Hi, I too stumbled on your site ... searching for the lyrics to post to a friends facebook. She's going through a rough time right now, but even more so I needed to read the words...

Your children are beautiful, and I'm so sorry two were taken so early... I can't imagine your pain, but hope that you rest your head knowing you'll see them again.

I'll add your blog to my list...its great to meet you! :)

Lea-In Hawaii

Anonymous said...

I too stumbled upon your site trying to find the words to "Before The Morning" for my sister who is going through some tough times. You are really an inspiration...I am sorry for your losses but the Lord will always be by your side comforting you and your family. May God continue to shower you with his wonderful Blessings.

Unknown said...

Hi, I was searching for this song today and I ended up on your website.
You are a blessing!I am blessed! Indeed you are an encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting the lyrics to this song. I heard it for the first time today & it brought a flood of overwhelming feeling that God was speaking to me directly through it & that I can hold on & wait on the LORD. God bless you & your family Kristen! You will be in my prayers tonight.
Yours in Christ Jesus,
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

I am so touched by your family. Every picture on here you all are smiling. I will definately be praying for your family! What an inspiration to many! I will always remember this story. I can't even imagine losing one child and then two!!!

In my thoughts and Prayer always..

jo said...

hello. i found your blog when i googled this song. I am a blogger too but am taking a hiatus - you can find me and my old posts at xanga.com/sonshyne7
I lost a little girl myself many years ago at 12 weeks. I am very sorry for your loss and will be praying for you.
Glad God led me to your blog. I will be back.
Love,
JoAnne

Andrew said...

Thank you so much for this song, I just lost Blanche' my wife, girlfriend, confidante of 32 years and this song is just so full of the hope I have to see her for I long to see her again.
Andrew

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I also was looking for the lyrics to this song..and found your blog. I have 4 daughters, the youngest Sparrow Rose would have been 8 this years. Like your little girl she went to the Lord when I was 26 weeks. At the time God gave me this word when I asked Him why He chose to take our little girl we wanted so much. His answer in the still small voice of the comforter was, "She is mine and I wanted her with Me." I rose from my knees full of joy with the knowing that one of my 4 daughters were in heaven with Jesus I felt how can I morn with that answer. I wept for what could have been and still after eight years feel sadness at times when I see a little girl her same age and think she would be at this stage in life now, but at the same time I look forward to what will be when I see my Lords face and my daughter in heaven. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, that the Lord will give the peace and comfort.

Michelle said...

Dear Kristin,
Hi. I'm also a Christian, and recently I heard "Dawn Before The Morning" on the radio. I was surprised, because I could connect with so many of the feeling expressed in the lyrics. I searched for the song on the internet, and found your website. You are a huge inspiration to me, because even though I don't have any children, I have a lot of Sunday School students, and if I ever lost even one, I would be devastated. Your strength and faith in face of the loss of two of your own children shows me that you are a truly amazing person. I hope that the Lord Jesus blesses you now and forever, and keeps you and your family safe. God bless you!
-Michelle Lopez, shellgirl0077@yahoo.com

swannymomma said...

Hi there! I stumbled across your blog today, and I believe God wanted me to. I just want to say, I do not know what kind of grief you must be dealing with, but I am so uplifted by your incredible faith. I feel like you are a sister (which in fact you are, in Christ!) May all of your precious hearts be held by our tender loving Father! I love the song, "Before the Morning"! Thank you for your vulnerability and devotion to your family! You are loved indeed!

Love and prayers!

Colleen