5/11/2009

Reflecting

As I was driving in the car this weekend, I was challenged by my kids' music. See, I listened to these same songs -well tapes- when I was little and jumped at the chance to buy them on sale in the Cedarville University bookstore a couple years ago. The truths I learned from Steve Green, as a kid, I'm excited to pass on to my kids. But this weekend I heard them in a new light as I continue to filter everything through this new trial we face. I just wanted to share something little that has encouraged my heart! These songs - straight from Scripture - I want my boys to learn, so they are "hidden in their heart" and can lean on the TRUTH when they face struggles of their own.


I must admit I don't always FEEL like God is there or knows what He's really doing. BUT, the Word I have hidden in my heart challenges these thoughts/lies. I'm so thankful God has preserved the Bible all these years, and because I believe every word is true, I KNOW that He truly IS in control, He's knit this little girl in my womb, His ways are perfect, and He will stick closer to me than a brother! I also had to smile when I listened to "A Joyful Heart is Good Medicine" from Proverbs 17:22.
***Update*** I tried to figure out how to attach the songs, but I can't. Oh well. You can listen to all of the songs in full length on Rhapsody.com. Click here to go there.

3 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

One of our family favorites too! Music for kids that parents can love. And I often find myself thinking the words of Steve's songs in different life situations. I don't know how many times we've sung, "When I am afraid I will trust in you."

Michele Shoun said...

Hi Kristin! This is Michele from BFL and HHBC. I wish I had something profound to say about your latest trial. You teach me much. Thank you for being so transparent with your life. That alone is enormously difficult. We're praying, and will continue, come what may.

Michele Shoun said...

Me again. I just went to Steve Green's web site because I thought he might be encouraged to hear how his music is encouraging you and, lo and behold, he has a wonderful journal entry that you might like to see. It might encourage you some more! Go to http://stevegreenministries.org/journal/?p=97#more-97. It's titled "Pensando de ti."