5/15/2009

WELL...

**Update**I ADDED SOME FAMILY PICS(Thank you Jen!)**
I'll start with yesterday's events. I was getting antsy wondering what was going on with our little girl. I didn't think I could make it another week before going to the doctor to find out. So, I called the office and they let me come in to see one way or another if there was a heartbeat. Actually, I was prepared to hear the worst- just kind of a bad feeling. But to my surprise, as I watched to screen, I saw a little white thing pulsating. It was slow, I could even tell, and the doctor said that it didn't look good.(Today the nurse told me she thought the rate was in the 30's.) He was pretty confident that we would not find the heart beating Friday. He said that "we wouldn't be making the decision." Our baby's heart would not last much longer. He gave us the option of going to the hospital to induce then, but said he imagined that we wouldn't feel comfortable doing that WITH a heartbeat. We agreed and told him we didn't want to induce until there was really no heartbeat. So I left, starting to mentally make a list of all I wanted to do before Friday.
My friend Jen met us this morning to take some family pictures. (and "belly" pictures for me :)) This was something I had been wanting to do, but didn't really expect it would need to be done today. After the pics, I called the doctors office and they told me to come right in. I was as prepared as I could be to see a still heart and then proceed with an induction. Again, to my surprise, I saw a little white heart pulsating on the screen. The doctor said, "I guess the baby didn't get the memo." He said each time he sees the baby getting progressively worse, more fluid building up around the heart and in the abdomen. The heart rate was still slow at 76 beats/min. So again, we wait. Monday I'll go in to be checked again. Evidently, he still believes the heart will give out this weekend and wants to check again Monday.
"Wow Lord, what's going on here? I thought I was all ready, and now I have to put my life on hold for a couple more days. This roller coaster of emotions is unbelievable. I'm so thankful for more time, as hard as it is not to be able to 'move on' and begin the healing. Tonight I have felt, more than ever, flutters in my womb. My little girl is making her presence known! A gift I will cherish. Thank you for this time, but help me as I wait for the inevitable. I'm trusting that your timing is perfect, help my heart line up with the truth I know in my head."
I read this on the journal page of Steve Green's website. It is a quote from Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening that was an excellent reminder for me. Thanks for your prayers!!

"God is always thinking upon us, never turns aside His mind from us, has us always before His eyes; and this is precisely as we would have it, for it would be dreadful to exist for a moment beyond the observation of our heavenly Father. His thoughts are always tender, loving, wise, prudent, far-reaching, and they bring to us countless benefits: hence it is a choice delight to remember them. The Lord always did think upon His people: hence their election and the covenant of grace by which their salvation is secured; He always will think upon them: hence their final perseverance by which they shall be brought safely to their final rest. In all our wanderings the watchful glance of the Eternal Watcher is evermore fixed upon us—we never roam beyond the Shepherd’s eye. In our sorrows He observes us incessantly, and not a pang escapes Him; in our toils He marks all our weariness, and writes in His book all the struggles of His faithful ones. These thoughts of the Lord encompass us in all our paths, and penetrate the innermost region of our being. Not a nerve or tissue, valve or vessel, of our bodily organization is uncared for; all the littles of our little world are thought upon by the great God. "

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh Kristin,

I am so, so sorry. Only the Lord knows why this is happening. Thank you for updating us. I will be praying, praying, praying.

Erika said...

Kristin,
Carrie Holt sent me the link to your blog. I am also a graduate of Cedarville and my parents still work there. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for a miracle for your baby girl. I know that God decided not to miraculously heal your Noah, nor has he chosen to heal my Evan, but I still believe He does heal! I will be praying!

Thank you for sharing your heart! It is such a testimony!

Erika Olin Weise
www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanweise

Unknown said...

Hi Kristin - I'm keeping up with you and all that is going on. I love you very much. I wanted to say that the one cool thing is that you get to have a lot of u/s and see your little girl. I am praying that God would help your heart and Mike's in this time. I'm so happy to see Jen's pictures - they are wonderful. I love the one of you guys walking with your backs to the camera - adorable! Much love to you and we will continue praying.

Amy Murphy said...

The pics are simply wonderful, Kristin! Thank you for sharing them with us. I'm praying for you.

Carmel said...

Kristin,

(I was roommates with Jen our freshman year of college) I came to your blog through her's....

My heart breaks for you and your family. I am praying for all of you. I am amazed at your steadfastness.

Much love to you.

Heather said...

Praying daily for your family. Our ABF at Grace is also. You are loved and thought of.
Thank you for sharing the quote by Spurgeon.