7/27/2009

Joanna Claire's with Jesus

My tears are flooding over as I play the confirmation I got from the doctor just an hour and a half ago over in my head. Emotions and thoughts are overwhelming as I anticipate all that will take place in the next 24 hours. Let me back up a bit, last night as I enjoyed sitting with a friend talking and eating some Cold Stone I wondered how long I get to feel the hiccups and kicks from my little girl. Never did I imagine this week to be the "perfect time" God would chose to allow Joanna's heart to beat it's last. Today I got out my trusty dopplar and tried to find her heartbeat, but it was quiet. I don't allow myself to get all worked up, sometimes shes just not in a good position. I tried the cold soda and decided to wait to see if I could feel her kick or move. We enjoyed a wonderful day with some friends - swimming - the boys had a blast!! I checked again when we got home, but couldn't find a heartbeat. I called the doctors office and they said to come on in. My heart racing I dropped off the boys and raced to the doctors office...getting very impatient with all the SLOW drivers! He asked if I had a sixth sense about things. I told him I was not very confident about what I'd find out and as he moved the wand over my belling I saw nothing but black and white...no more movement - where so many weeks before, Joanna had defied the odds and just kept fighting to stay alive. He said, "I'm sorry, but you were right." He said, "Go home spend time with your family, get things settled, and meet me at the hospital at 9pm. I'll have everything lined up and ready to go." So, we'll head in to be induced tonight and say 'Goodbye before our Hello' to Joanna Claire in the morning.

We appreciate your prayers! Don't understand this timing like I said before because my mom is out of state doing some advanced training before school starts, we have been planning a family vacation to Michigan next week, Mike is very busy at work as another co-worker is on vacation. AHHH!!

So what can I change? Nothing but my attitude...so, I'll continue to trust that God is faithful and caring and is not at all looking down from heaven saying, "Ha, let's see how you do now! Figure this one out!" He is hurting with us, this is another reminder to us that this world is not all there is. There is a perfect world he has provided for us, and that is HEAVEN...no pain, no tears, no disease, no death! We are thankful for the assurance of this HOPE. Christ made a way for us to be a part of heaven through His own death on the cross and I can trust that no matter what tragedy or brokenness this world throws at us, we will come out with the faith that God has not abandoned us and left us alone. His Spirit abides with us giving us comfort, strength, peace, and hope for the future. It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, boy, just the opposite!! My tears will be my constant companion for a while.

We'll try and post updates as soon as we can...

18 comments:

Cheeky said...

Oh Kristen. I hurt with you. I was thoroughly enjoying watching God allow Joanna to defy the odds every day that her little heart continued to beat. She'll just have Jesus before we do...

Susanne said...

Kristen I'm so sorry to hear of this, I was hoping with everyone else that Joanna would defy the odds and that a miracle would happen. Please know that I'll be praying and thinking of you.

Erika said...

Kristin, My heart is breaking for you right now. I don't know what to say except, no matter what, God is good. I will be lifting you up in prayer over the next 24 hours. I can't even imagine how that must feel.

Erika Weise

Unknown said...

(((Oh Kristen))) We don't understand G-d's timing but I do know that while you were heading for the doctor I was sharing your blog first with a friend in NY and then with anothers in SC and NM and all of them are praying for you. I have since contacted them again with your update from today. All of these ladies are strong prayer warriors. We hurt for you and your family and will be continuing in prayer for all of you. May our L-rd continue to hold all of you in the palm of His Hand and hold you close.

Anne Cobb said...

Kristin, my heart is breaking for you and Mike. Your family at HHBC is lifting you up to our Heavenly Father. May you feel His Presence and be comforted.

Amanda G. said...

I've been following along for quite some time, praying for God's will and for His Peace for your family. I'm praying for you now, and also praising God for the wonderful witness your family has been for Him through all of this.

Dawn said...

Hi, Kristen. You don't know me, but I am grieving with you. My prayers are with you and your family.

Love, Dawn
www.caringbridge.org/visit/susannahall

Sarah said...

My heart aches for you tonight. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Karla said...

Praying for you, Kristin. My heart is overwhelmed with sorrow once again on your behalf...but I also pray that you will cherish the time that you spend saying hello and goodbye to your precious little daughter. God is good, all the time...praying that you will know His amazing grace and comfort.

Pam said...

Kristen-
Spent the last few hours reading Noah's beautiful picaboo book just crying and praying for you and Mike tonight as you are at the hospital saying hello and goodbye to Joanna. It's a road we've walked also (Michael 6/21/08). I don't know how anyone walks it without Jesus. Know you are in my prayers tonight, tomorrow and for many weeks to come.
-Pam (Kathy's friend in NY)

Ashley Hendsbee said...

Kristin, It was such an encouragement to be able to pray with you and mike in the delivery room. Even though we don't know you very well, we feel we have gotten to know you and Joanna through your blog. God has already used you and will continue to use you through her. Your stregnth through this time overwhelms me and to see God moving in your life is very encouraging. Thank you for your testimony and your faith in God it helps those whose faith isn't so strong to grow even more. We will continue to pray for you and your family and that God will continue to use Joanna's story to reach those who need him.

Andrea said...

Kris, I am praying fervently on your behalf today. Love you, friend.
Andrea

DJ's Mama said...

Kristen,
I am praying for you and your family. You truly are an inspiring woman to me.
Megan

Amber Hanshaw said...

Dear Kristen~
You don't know me. I am a childhood friend of Jen Potter's and have been following your story through her sharing. My eyes are welled with tears for you and your precious family right now. I pray that your Little Light of Joanna Claire will continue to shine brightly...to you and your family, to the doctor, the nurses, everyone that has been a part of her life. May you feel the Lord's presence more now than ever before.
Amber Hanshaw

Bobbi said...

You don't know me...but I'm praying for you today! God is faithful!

Carmel said...

No words... just tears and prayers,
Carmel

Annette Gysen said...

Kristin--I'm so sorry for this trial. There really isn't anything to say--just know that our love and prayers continue to be with all of you. What a reunion we will have in heaven someday with all of the people we love who have gone before.

Angie said...

You don't know me, but a friend of mine that goes to church with you gave me your blog and I have been following it for a couple months and praying for you. My heart breaks for you and your family and you are continually in my prayers. Your faith has definitely been an inspiration to me! May God be with you and comfort you and bless you for your faithfulness to Him!!

Angie