7/29/2009

An Uncle's Thoughts

As I wait to pen my thoughts and the events these last few days, I wanted to share the letter Joanna's uncle wrote. I think it captures perfectly my heart as well. THANK YOU for this SPECIAL GIFT, Kevin.

To my tiny niece Joanna,

I'm so glad I got to see you, Joanna, the day that you were born.
All bundled up, I held you, such a tiny baby's form.
Little Joanna Claire, such a great big shining light.
You have shown us God is gracious, and that His timing is right.
Without speaking a single word, you've already said so much.
Kicking in your mommy's tummy, did you know how many lives you'd touch?
See, just like your older brother, you are fulfilling your design,
God made you with a special heart, that now beats in perfect time.
You've shown so many people that God controls all of our days.
You are proof to the whole world that God is perfect in His ways.
We can not always understand why things happen like they do.
But we are certain that God is Love, because He created You!
I'm a little disappointed, Joanna, I have to wait so long,
To get to know my little niece, and ask you how you are so strong.
So til we get to see you, Joanna, we'll feel like we are apart,
But we know that you're with Jesus, living in rhythm with His heart.

9 comments:

Rach said...

Oh Sweetie~what an amazing thing Kevin has done...thank you for sharing his letter and thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of little Joanna. Keeping you close to my heart and in my prayers!

Jen said...

Kevin, that was beautiful.

Tara said...

Kristin, the poem is beautiful, the pictures of Joanna's tiny hands and feet, they are beautiful too. Love and hugs and prayers,

Tara

Bobbi said...

God is so amazing! Her perfect little hands and feet...are so beautiful! I still cry with you...and I pray for your peace and strength!

Karla said...

Kristin, You are blessed to have such an amazing, tender brother. I remember some of what he wrote for Noah....what a treasure your brother is. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful pictures of your precious little daughter....Praying for you.....

Michele Shoun said...

Hi Kristin, my thoughts and prayers (and sadness) are with you as I absorb the news that your lovely baby is gone from you. Thank you for sharing your precious daughter with us, and opening your heart to us. As you said, there are no words.

The Hagens said...

There are no words. Just know that we are praying for His perfect peace that transcends all understanding to overwhelm your hearts.

MCMFamily said...

Thank you for sharing your precious miracle Joanna Claire. I know she is dancing with Jesus. I will continue to pray for you and your husband Kristen. May God give you incredible strength and bless you... may you reap in joy what you have sowed in tears... I wish I had the words to comfort you. But please know you are in our prayers..
Mary M

Heather said...

What a wonderful family you have...Kevin wrote such a beautiful tribute to sweet Joanna.
Thinking of you often and praying for you all.