5/27/2010

A Big Scare!

Monday I was out in the front yard trimming back some of our bushes.  I was trimming the bush right by our front door.  I started at the top and just wanted to round it out a bit.  All of a sudden I heard the leaves rustling BUT I wasn't touching the bush and Drew was getting something out of the garage.  I saw a big brown thing fly out from under the bush...I screamed and watched a DUCK scurry off to the back of the house where the pond is.
I thought that was strange, but I got down on my knees to investigate under the bush and look what I found...

8 EGGS!!  And, YES, momma duck did come back.  I saw her the next day.

When I was telling Trent and Mike what had happened, Trent told me the same thing happened when he went to retrieve a baseball that he and Mike were playing catch with.  The funny thing was that Mike had just teased him about not letting a snake "get him" when he reached down and under to get the ball back.  So, needless to say, Trent got quite a scare, as did the poor duck I guess!  But they apparently forgot to warn tell me.

No comments: