9/04/2009

Bored?...No way!!

Thought you'd like to see what Drew and I have been up to while Trent is playing with rubber bands and glue sticks, talking with his deskmate while he's supposed to be listening, scribbling outside the lines, keeping a very clean desk (no doubt), and thinking about playing football at recess hard at work in school..."For 8 hours!"...Drew likes to make sure everyone knows just how long his buddy, playmate, Lego-building, car racing brother is away at school. Really, though, it has been a lot of fun for me to hang out and have some 1-on-1 time with my Drewboy. Can't believe he'll be 5 in just two weeks. YIKES!! He just loves life and lives it to the fullest. He makes me laugh and is a ray of sunshine on my cloudy days.

Building with Legos...note the driving clone trooper :)Hanging out at the zoo...I guess he heard enough of the drums. Daydreaming in the tree house...well, at least for about 15 seconds... Sittin' on the komodo dragon.Treats from Tokens-n-Tickets...Driving his "motorcycle"... And just before you get to thinkin' that our time is all fun and games...here is what happened today...during a few minutes of unsupervision quiet...I went to check on him outside and found the van doors locked and Drew holding my keys!! YEP, UH OH!! He was unlocking and locking the secret compartment under the passengers seat :)

He had already unlocked the doors when he jumped over to the driver's seat so I jumped in and took my keys away. This is the same boy I found on top of the fridge one morning a couple of years ago...

He was trying to get the refillable popcorn bucket for the zoo...he was evidently hungry...
...and the boy who fell in the pond while feeding the ducks..."I just don't know how I fell in, but the the alligators just didn't get me, mom!" ...and the boy who got into my black and gold stamp pads and "colored" a wall in his bedroom... ...and wanted ice cream for breakfast...he got the cones out of the pantry and the ice cream out of the freezer all before I was even out of bed!...
...so glad the "mischievous three's" are behind us!! Although (*shaking head*), I'm not convinced he'll really ever grow out of it :) But I wouldn't miss it for the world!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Awesome~I am so glad you were able to catch all those moments on film...someday his wife will LOVE these! :-)

Bobbi said...

I can't figure out how to send an e-mail...so I'll just ask in the comments...my very serious (NOT) question. How do you get the slashed out text in blogger? I can't figure it out! I'd love to start using it. Please share with me. Thanks muchly! Also, since I'm asking questions....when did you grad. from Cedarville? I'm 2002!

Jennifer Stone said...

Hysterical, Kristin! What a cutie. I have a feeling I, too, will find my little girl on top of the fridge one day...she is a CLIMBER. :) Glad you're enjoying these days with your little man...

kristin said...

MomE-

I graduated in 2000...we were there at the same time!?

Anyway, to get the slashed out text...click on the HTML tab at the top of your screen while writing your new post. Go to the words you want slashed and at the begining type... < strike > Then at the end of what you want slashed type... < / strike >. (but take out the spaces!- it wouldn't let me post it otherwise) So it will look like this...
< strike >Text you want slashed out here < /strike >

When you go back to the "compose" tab you'll see the result :) and you can continue editing. Hope that makes sense.

Have fun slashing...

My email is mkkoning@msn.com...do you have a blog?