9/28/2009

Song of the Grieving



My mom gave me a cd before Noah was born. I like this song...you can hear part of it here.



Song of the Grieving

Lord, you can see our hearts filled with sorrow,
The tears that are falling down,
Someone we love has gone on before us,
And we're left with the questions now,

And we know in the bigger scheme it would seem
We'll see you again 'fore we know it,
But the truth is it feels like this wound might not heal,
We need Your mercy, Lord show it,
Please, hear our Prayer...

Give us grace to weather this storm,
And strength to grieve our loss,
And trust that you have not abandoned us in our pain,
Give us faith to believe that there's more than this,
And hope for out final home,
We stand here before You broken but still believing,
The song of the grieving.

We smile at the fact that your journey is done,
And your spirit is where it has longed to be,
We picture you now as you laugh with the angels,
Thanking the Lord that you're finally free,

And we know in the bigger scheme it would seem
We'll see you again 'fore we know it,
But the truth is it feels like this wound might not heal,
We need Your mercy, Lord show it,
Please hear our cry...

The song of the grieving
We're broken and beaten
We need your healing

-Matt Rexford

5 comments:

The Hagens said...

you continue to be in my heart and prayers. may you find His peace and joy in the midst of sorrow

Bobbi said...

Wow...that is a powerful song! Our family continues to pray for yours! Smiles and Fall sunshine!!

Shelley Fuge said...

Hi! I knew you from Cedarville. Well, I actually recognize you. :) Feel free to stop over at my blog. May be you recognize me. may be not. :) You know how it is!

I've been reading since your loss of Joanna. Please know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. You have such a precious family and your blog is so meaningful to those that have lost children or even have not. You are an inspiration of hope.

I also had a question for you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you put quotes and such on your pictures. How do you do that? I took a photo to Microsoft Word and did it there, but of course I can only save it to Word. How do you then get it to your blog. I'm sure you use a program. If so, which program do you use?

Sorry to be so wordy. Thanks for taking the time.

kristin said...

I would love to check our your blog, Shelley. Would you leave me the link so I can click over? Or you can email it to me at mkkoning@msn.com
I have Photoshop Elements 6. Mike got it for me off of amazon.com for my b-day a year ago. It's a lot of fun to play around with pictures...turn them black and white, or desaturate them, or add border and text.
If you right click on the image in Word will it let you save it as a .jpg? Then you can upload it to the blog that way? I'm not super computer savy, I'm just learning as I go :) Hope that helps.

Thanks for praying for us, we really appreciate it!

Carmel said...

Kristin,
You are a testimony of the strength only God can give. I'm still praying for you. I cannot imagine the grief that goes along with the loss of a baby. Your words have made me treasure mine even more than I thought possible.