2/09/2010

Tooth Fairy...

Trent lost both of his front teeth within a week.  His first tooth came out at school with a little help from the school nurse.  She put it in a little treasure box for safe keeping.  After getting off the bus, Trent realized he must have left/lost his tooth at school.  In passing, trying to reassure Trent all would be fine, I said he could just write a note to the Tooth Fairy.
Fast forward to bedtime...I was tucking Trent in and he pulled something out from under his pillow. The note was SO SWEET! He did it all by himself! I read it, tried hard not to laugh, and ran out to the living room to show Mike.  The sticker attached to the bottom of his note was the one he got from the nurse and proudly wore all day.

The next morning as I was packing his lunch, I found the treasure box in his lunch bag.  He had not yet looked to see if the tooth fairy stopped during the night and so I snuck in and put the tooth under his pillow too.  When I asked Trent if he had looked under his pillow, he was SO shocked to see what was there with his money.  He said, "How did she find it?  She must have searched and searched all over ____ Elementary!  How did she know to bring it to my house?"  He was so excited.  Can't wait to laugh about that with him in a few years!
The other tooth came out after much convincing to let me JUST wiggle it.  I promised that was all I was going to do.  As I wiggled it forward, barely touching it-I might add, it just fell right out on my finger.  What a relief, I was getting really tired of hearing how it "hurt" when he ate anything.

I just LOVE this TOOTHLESS grin!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

Oh, how I love an early writer! The letter is precious. Thanks for sharing it and his toothless grin! Love your new "blog look."

Jo said...

That is SUCH a fun story!! My oldest is now 22 so i have many older kids and you are right - that is going to be a great story one day!!
my youngest is 5, so i am still in the tooth business too. lol
Jo